Monday, October 26, 2009

CNN Upgrade

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with a change every once in a while. Even Beyonce swithces up her weave every now and then. But, I digress. CNN's new home page looks very well balanced. More balanced than the previous design. The different topics are set up with grids, making it easier to follow the news more. The red header and the darker red navbar are slick and they work well together. It just seems to me that there is more substance to this new design. It looks better. It makes me want to get all of my news from CNN for now on.

In regards to the article we were supposed to read, the author hits it on the head with the description of the new page. I think the page does mix entertainment into the political news. There is more emphasis on each section now that each section has its own block. Also, the article mentions how the site will incorporate language feeds to create more of an international feel. It should bring in more international readership with that.

In the end, this new layout will be successful. People should enjoy it more. I think it looks good. It just has more of an enjoyable reading feel to it. I know i'll probably get my news from here from now on. It may even be my homepage. Nope! Can't dismiss ESPN.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment