Monday, October 26, 2009

CNN redesign is much cleaner

The new CNN design works a lot better for their goal of becoming more focused on their unique content, rather than the breaking news. Their use of images works much better than old site, that like the article said, was text driven. The Highlights section is much better than the highlights that we had to replicate for our assignment. I know when I browse the Internet, photos guide me a lot as well as the headlines, so this method of highlighting their content is effective.

I think their sections at the bottom are better organized than the old design as well. First of all, there are more links. CNN used to only have two links per section, but with its new division, they are able to put more content in the div boxes.

The only thing that I'm not crazy about is the navbar. I feel like it gets lost in the header. The header is bright red and the navbar is too similar. Over all, however, I really like the new design.

3 comments:

  1. You're right about the sections at the bottom. I always click into them and now I can at least see if any of the added links they post are what I want to read. The whole redesign allows them to have more info in general on the homepage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is much better than the last one. Content is easier to find and there is more emphasis on what's important. I agree with what you're saying my man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good points made here. And although I too am happy with the redesign, I think some improvement could still definitely be made. I agree that the navbar is a great place to start.

    ReplyDelete