Saturday, November 14, 2009

Using Websites to Promote Websites

In the Google PDF discovered the importance of optimization and that there is, to put it simply, a fine art to SEO. Tags and meta tags help to inform the viewer about what is on the page and this is one way that search engines categorize sites. In order to help my non-profit do move up higher in the rankings I would make sure not to create too many tags but just those that are descriptive and accurate. Adword was another way I could adversite my site although this would cost money. https://adwords.google.com/select/

I looked into SEO and saw some basic ways to make my site sound (the link below). However, while searching about SEO I found a lot of sites that offer to move up a site's location for fees. This is something that as a website creator I would not invest in. I would simply improve my tags and make sure the code is as best as possible. http://www.textlinkbrokers.com/blog/more/232_0_1_0_M/

One of the ways I would promote my site after creation is through the "Fan" method on Facebook. People who decide to become a fan of your website can add it to their profile and others can see it. They can also suggest that their friends become a fan of my site and facebook also suggests my site to those who have information similar to that on their profile. I read that soon that if a person is a fan of my site facebook will publish new information from my site into that person's news feed. This can be a valuable tool to keeping people in the loop as well as learning about our new informatoin. I found this information in the article below. This type of information making it into hundreds, even thousands of newsfeeds can help boost my site.
http://adage.com/digitalnext/article?article_id=140135

No comments:

Post a Comment